Grade 10 students were very different from Grade 7 students. If Grade 7 students were super talkative and expressive, Grade 10 students showed their enthusiasm in a quieter way. They sat nicely and kept looking at me while I explained the lesson.
Like usual, we read the classroom rules together before starting the lesson. Then we read the learning objectives together. Sometimes boys read first, then girls, and then all students together.
I wanted them to become more active like Grade 7 students. So I made a ✋๐ป and ✊๐ป game. If the statement was correct, students showed ✋๐ป. If the statement was wrong, students showed ✊๐ป
My main target was students sitting at the back because one table had five students while other tables only had two students.
But sometimes I also pointed at random students who looked sleepy or less focused.
Overall, the lesson went smoothly even though my PPT suddenly had an error during the game session. Thankfully, I could handle it calmly, and Ma’am Adrid looked a little surprised.The quieter the classroom became, the more nervous I felt. But every time Ma’am Leslie and Ma’am Adrid smiled at me, I felt more confident again.
For the application section, I did not use group activities like in Grade 7. Instead, I made a seatmate activity. Students worked with their seatmates to:
- underline the premise
- underline the conclusion
- identify if the statement was sound or unsound
I chose this activity because I wanted students to share ideas calmly without making the classroom too noisy. Compared to Grade 7, Grade 10 students stayed in their seats and focused more on their work.
Komentar
Posting Komentar