Teaching Practice


Before the teaching demonstration day, we joined a seminar in the main blue building. Before the seminar started, Ma’am Leslie told us that I would do my demonstration on the same day at 11:30 AM and 3:30 PM. At that time, I thought, “Why me on the same day?” 😭

Then Ma’am Leslie said, “After your demonstration, you can relax. Tomorrow your friends still have demonstrations, but you can rest already.”

After hearing that, I felt a little calmer. Ma’am Leslie was right.

On the demonstration day, I prepared my materials in the morning such as classroom rules, learning objectives, and worksheets. I prepared them two days before. During the trip, I felt normal and enjoyed the rocky road even though it was very tiring. Luckily, I brought my favorite tumbler with me (but sadly now I lost it at Manila Terminal 1 πŸ˜”πŸ˜­).

When I arrived at the graduate building, I still felt calm while watching Chintiya teaching Grade 8 students. Ma’am Adrid told me, “Don’t be nervous. Grade 10 students are easier than Grade 7 students.”

I tried to calm myself. But when Grade 10 students entered the classroom one by one, suddenly I became nervous again. I kept drinking water from my tumbler until half of it was gone.

Ma’am Adrid also told the students to behave well during the class. Maybe she knew that I was nervous 😭


The reason why I was very nervous was because I was afraid of explaining the material incorrectly in English. Even though Ma’am Leslie asked us to prepare scripts, I still felt nervous. I also thought that if I used the script too much, students might think, “What kind of teacher teaches with a script?”

Before the demonstration day, Ma’am Leslie also asked us to do a pre-demo. She gave us feedback and suggestions for our lesson and PowerPoint slides.

Finally, the class started.

Everything went well from greeting, prayer, checking attendance, and “Meet Your Teacher” session. In Grade 7 and Grade 10 classes, we read the classroom rules together before starting the lesson. Then we also read the learning objectives together. Sometimes boys read first, then girls, and sometimes all students read together. I think this activity helped students become more focused before learning.

I could remember students’ names from the headbands that we made together with the Thailand team.

I also did games and motivation activities so students could feel relaxed and enjoy the lesson more.

Unfortunately, during the game session, my PowerPoint suddenly had an error 😭 Thankfully, I could still handle the situation. I said, “Ahh why is my PPT like this? But it’s okay, let’s continue.”

Even Ma’am Adrid looked a little surprised by my reaction 😭

Komentar